The Planning Commission is charged, by Michigan state law, with the adoption and implementation of plans for the City. This Commission also considers requests for zoning classifications and special use permits and makes recommendations to the City Council on amendments to the planning and zoning code. It is comprised of seven community members, one City Council member, and the mayor.
The Planning Commission meets the 4th monday each month at 5:30 pm in the community room at the Depot, 200 S. Main Street. All meetings are open to the public.
- Ralph Carlson: term ends 2024
- Rebecca Tea: term ends 2023
- Ruth Ann Northon, Chair: term ends 2025
- John Hunter: term ends 2025
- Todd Bruggema: term ends 2023
- VACANCY: term ends 2024
- VACANCY: full term
- Christine Emerick, Mayor,,
- Sean Duffy, City Council
- Pepper Lockhart, City Administrative Officer (non-voting)
View the Planning Commission By-Laws here.
Planning Commission 2021 Annual Report
- Sec. 2-115 Established
- Sec. 2-116 Members
- Sec. 2-117 Terms
- Sec. 2-118 Removal; vacancies
- Sec. 2-119 Powers
- Sec. 2-120 Meetings
- Sec. 2-91 Rules Applicable to City Bodies Generally