The Evart Housing Commission includes five members who are appointed for five-year terms with one member who is actively a tenant of the housing commission. This commission manages all public housing facilities and rental voucher (Section 8) programs in the City. Public housing facilities include scattered-site rental housing, home purchase programs, and senior residential developments.
You can visit their website by clicking on THIS LINK.
The Housing Commission meets the third Tuesday of every month at 6pm in the Community Room. All residents and all members of the public are welcome to attend.
- Sarah Molenaar, Chair: term ends 2026
- BJ Northon: term ends 2028
- Jill Moyer: term ends 2025
- Alice Mock: term ends 2027
- Patrick Tiedt: term ends 2024
- Mark Sochocki, Interim Director
- Sec. 2-139 Housing Commission Continued
- Sec. 2-140 Members; Term; Appointment
- Sec. 2-141 Meetings; Rules; REcord; Quorum; Officers and Employees
- Sec. 2-142 Powers and Duties
- Sec. 2-143 Interest of Members, Officers, and Employees in Contracts
- Sec. 2-144 Report to Council
- Sec. 2-145 Deeds, Contracts, Leases, and Purchases
- Sec. 2-91 Rules Applicable to City Bodies Generally