Board of Review
The Board of Review (Assessing) consists of three members and one alternate who may correct or amend assessment rolls and increase or decrease taxable property assessment or valuation.
The Board of Review meets in March, July, and December.
The July Board of Review meeting will be held on July 19, 2022 at 12:00 pm at the Evart City Hall located at 200 South Main Street, Evart MI 49631. The purpose of this meeting is to correct any clerical errors including the reversal of a taxable value uncapping, mutually agreeable mistake of fact, poverty exemptions, disabled veteran’s exemption, and principal residential exemptions. The public is welcome. However, this meeting is not for general valuation protests or reviews which by law are to be handled at the March Board of Review. For more information, please contact the city accessor David Kirwin at 616-259-5407.
- Sec. 8-6 Board of Review - Members; Clerk of Board; Compensation
- Sec. 8-7 Board of review - Duties and Functions
- Sec. 8-8 Board of Review - Meetings
- Sec. 8-9 Board of Review - Notice of Meetings
- Sec. 8-10 Board of Review - Certification of Roll
- Sec. 2-91 Rules Applicable to City Bodies Generally
Current Board Members:
- Kathy Maddern: term ends 2023
- Donald Maddern: term ends 2023
- Ralph Carlson: term ends 2023
- David Kirwin, Assessor