The Evart Community Garden
Growing A Healthy Community
Welcome to the Evart Community Garden!
The Evart Community Garden is a community wide effort to enhance the health and well being of our residents and our community through providing;
Access to affordable flowers and vegetables
- A reduction in family food budgets
- An enjoyable outdoor recreation
- An avenue for social interaction
- Beatification to the downtown area
- A source of community pride
The success of our garden relies on the commitment and follow through of our gardeners. Please read this entire packet carefully before making a commitment to become a gardener this season.
Tip To Being A Successful Evart Community Gardener
Plan to water maintain your garden at least 3 times a week
- Stay informed about the Evart Community Garden
- Make friends with the other gardeners
- Be proactive in helping other gardeners
- Become an expert. There are a ton of resources on the internet, at the library and at local garden centers that will help you know what to do to maximize your harvest.
Steps To Becoming An Evart Community Gardener And Dates To Remember!
- Pick up a packet from City Hall located at 5814 100th Ave, Evart, MI 4963. To print off packet click here.
- Read the Evart Community Garden Rules then complete and sign the application and waiver. Return to the Evart DDA, 127 North River Street, Evart MI 49631 by May 30, 2018 or email it to email@example.com.
- Maintain and harvest your garden throughout the season.
- Remove all plants by September 31, 2018.
If you are interested in becoming an Evart Community Gardener contact Al Weinberg at the DDA Office (231) 734-0185 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Evart Community Garden Garden Rules
Each gardener is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of their garden box. Watering, weeding, harvesting and any other garden related maintenance are all the responsibility of the gardener. Gardeners may arrange for other gardeners to water their plots.
A hose is available in the community garden for use during growing season. Please coil the hose up after every use.
Children are welcome in the garden but must be accompanied by an adult and must be supervised at all times. Please Be Careful Of The Road.
Each gardener must complete a liability waiver form before any work in the garden can begin.
Garden boxes should be cared for at least once a week. It is the gardener's responsibility to notify the coordinator if he or she is not able to care for their plot in any given week. If any plot remains unattended for more than three weeks that plot is subject to reassignment.
The application of herbicides (weed killers) to the garden plots is prohibited. Assignment of garden plots will be awarded a first come first serve basis.
Gardeners may harvest vegetables and flowers from their garden only.
At the end of the growing season, gardeners are responsible for clearing their plot of all plant material and leaving the plot as they found it in the spring. Failure to do so may result in the loss of privileges for next year’s garden.
The Evart DDA is responsible for ensuring that the rules are followed at all times. Failure to follow these rules may result in forfeiture of your garden box for the season and the future.