Current Opportunities with the City of Evart
The City of Evart is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Resource Officer: Police Department Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, please.
The City of Evart is currently accepting resumes for a full-time police officer to fill the role of Community Resource Officer. Resumes should be emailed to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
Primary duties will include (but not limited to):
- Providing the Evart Community Schools with a daily law enforcement presence.
- Work with school staff and administrators to educate students and parents on the importance of maintaining a safe learning environment.
- Handling/investigating school incidents that require law enforcement intervention.
- Work with school staff and emergency management to maintain the school safety plan.
- Respond and follow-up on behavioral health complaints.
- Collaborating with agencies and organizations to create a proactive response plan for providing health and human service resources for the community.
- Working with the community to address concerns on crime and crime prevention.
This is sworn law enforcement position with arrest powers. Qualifications include at a minimum:
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a police officer is required.
- Associates degree in Criminal Justice or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Applicants must be MCOLES certified or certifiable.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, 21 years or older, at time of employment.
- Valid operator’s license/Good driving history.
- No felony convictions.
- Successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation, psychological evaluation, interview process, and drug/alcohol screening.
Candidates for this position shall be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary to provide the City of Evart with the best law enforcement coverage possible. Applicants with documented training and/or a practical application background working with behavior crisis management are desired.
The City of Evart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Evart is currently accepting resumes for a full time Police Officer opening.
Qualifications include at a minimum:
- -Associates degree in Criminal Justice or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- -Must be a U.S. Citizen, 21 years or older at time of employment
- -MCOLES certified/certifiable
- -Valid operator’s license/Good driving history
- -No felony convictions
- -Successfully pass a background investigation, psychological evaluation, interview process, and drug/alcohol screening.
- -Must be able to work various shifts
The City of Evart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “full time police officer job opening” in the subject line of your email.
Opening date: February 25, 2022
Closing date: This position will remain open until filled.
The City of Evart is an equal opportunity employer.