Water Meter Replacement
- Non-residential upgrades to begin: Spring 2021
- Residential upgrades to begin: Spring 2021
- Upgrades expected to be completed: Fall 2021
What to expect
At the time of your scheduled appointment, expect the following:
- City DPW staff with IDs and identifying clothing and vehicles.
- A letter explaining the process in detail and how to schedule the work.
- Installers will be following strict COVID-19 safety precautions.
- A survey to gather information on potential cross-connections prior to installation.
- An examination of drinking water service line material at the time of upgrade.
- The installation and inspection process will take approximately 30–60 minutes, with interruptions to water service lasting no more than 15–20 minutes.
We understand the trepidation some might feel letting DPW staff into your place, business, or residence. However, be assured, staff will be taking every precaution to keep you, your employees, and/or residents safe by following these COVID-19 safety procedures:
- physical distancing
- face coverings
- use of gloves
- routine cleaning and disinfecting of equipment
- daily temperature checks and screening
To accomplish these upgrades, the City will first work with SLC Meter Company to replace the meters in all commercial properties utilizing City water. Once this phase is complete, residential replacements will begin on a volunteer basis. Please note, this is a required update and all residents will need to comply. For those unwilling or unable to volunteer, City staff will reach out to schedule appointments after the volunteer phase has been completed.
The installation and inspection process should last approximately 30-60 minutes, with water service interruption lasting no more than 15-20 minutes. As part of the inspection and verification process, photos will be taken. These photos will only be used to document the installation of the new water meter and for the inspections.
|Upgrades done to date||0|